Harvestman String-find control
Find a string somewhere on one or more pages of your site.
The search string itself controls "Match case"
- A search string without leading or trailing spaces, or any upper case letters, will be used as 'ignore case'
- A leading or trailing space (or both) or any upper case letters, will be used as 'Exact match'
- A textbox for entering the search string
- 'sales' will match Salesman and salesman and SaLeS, all lower-case entry
- 'Sales' will match Salesman but not salesman, upper-case in entry
- 'sales ' will not match Sales or salesman, trailing space in entry
- ' sales' will match salesman but not Sales, leading space in entry
- Count of matches found
- Listing of matches found, separated by html-head or html-body
- The Spider control strips out the Keywords from the head, so keywords are not searched
- Matches in both title and description will count as one match in 'head'
- The Spider control strips out link-texts from the body, so link-texts are not searched
- Several matches in the body will count as a single match in 'body'
- If you want to be sure that each page with 'bulldog' in the text has bulldog in the description, this tool will show you where bulldog is a match for body but not head!
Last edited =