Harvestman Report writer
Starting with 1.3, writes two different format files with different extensions.
Starting with 1.3, Modifies the filename with part of the site name.
- Write Sitemap To: (button) Click to write a Google standard sitemap (xml) to the selected file.
- Write Report To: (button) Click to write the selected report (txt) to the selected file.
- Crawl the web to collect the data, so there is data to write to the report
- Select the options and then click either (or both) button(s)
- It's fast, go check the file
- Optionally, select another site and process it before checking the files, as long as the first three letters of the url differ.
- Verbosity select (radio buttons) O < O < O (1 2 3)
- Terse report, numbers and errors only
- Normal report, numbers, URLs and errors
- Verbose report, numbers, URLs with title, keyword and description, and errors
- File pathname for the report. The only safety is a check for an empty box. The file pathname provided will be appended with the first three letters of the domain and either ".xml" or ".txt", depending on button used
- If you can provide more options in less screen-room, contact me with a sample
- How the report relates to your source and to how Google will list your page in Search Results
If you use Google webmaster tools, once you check the xml file for errors, rename it to "sitemap.xml" and upload it to your site-root. Then use Webmaster central to let Google know your site has changes.
Remember to use the extra meta tags to add the options to your sitemap.
Last edited =